What Makes Us Special
When Swami Vivekananda Saraswati decided to reveal the Agama style, he did a broad survey of Yoga on several continents: what was being offered, how it was being taught, what the spiritual objectives appeared to be (or not be), etc. The answers to these questions painted a bleak picture of the state of this extraordinary system in today’s world. Crucial aspects of Yoga were being diluted, omitted, or distorted in the teaching process. Western students especially were being offered a marketed form of Yoga that had more in common with gymnastics and fitness classes than the ancient art and science of cultivating union with God.
While we believe that no one knows everything, and that there is an inherent mysterious, poetic, and abyssal nature of this manifestation, we still consider that we must reach a basic, accurate knowledge of the world in which we live. As soon as some fundamental information is scientifically and rationally understood, clear answers to most problems of our world become possible, and we are able to solve them in a spiritual manner.
At times, we encounter people who, although involved for a long time with a “spiritual path,” lack an elementary compass for the vast ocean of this existence; they are unable to realize where they are placed in the big picture, what the meaning and purpose of their life is, what the next step to take is, what to expect from the great surrounding cosmos, and what their integration in the process of personal and global evolution is. We believe that all spiritual seekers must be given the opportunity to rise above such confusion. Therefore, the Agama teachings address these questions earnestly, giving a clear exposition of the subtle energies at work on the spiritual path, which includes lucid explanations of the mechanisms of diverse spiritual paths.
At Agama, we never forget the big picture and the vertical dimension of the spiritual process. On the other hand, you don’t have to worry that things may get “too serious” or that you won’t find a place for simple, down-to-earth concerns, such as managing your diet, for example. What is important is to have a clear picture of life, and of the role you are performing by your actions; sometimes big things actually depend on some very small and trite factors.
Initiation – the Method of Yoga Transmission
Initiation is essential in teaching spirituality and Yoga, and this element is quite different from “teaching” in the Western sense. Initiation is a “subtle influence” whereby a specific form of energy is transferred from teacher to pupil. This is a personal experience, and cannot be acquired from books. It greatly accelerates spiritual progress, ensures accurate practice, and opens the gates for true human communion.
Through teaching by initiation we provide you with practical tools for better health, balance of emotions, improvement of mental capacity, greater happiness, and insight into the deeper meanings of existence.
Western people tend to have a pragmatic, goal-oriented style of living; they often transfer this approach to the spiritual quest, and expect concrete results from spiritual practice. Consequently we often encounter sincere, but confused, seekers who are using ineffective methods, and therefore only travel in fantasy lands: while dreaming about all kinds of parallel worlds and subtle energies of the Universe, they are unable to control their mind and emotions for everyday purposes. While imagining that they feel mysterious energies and that they can guide them at will, they are for example unable to obtain the most simple, down-to-earth, or healing effects in daily life.
The Agama tantric style makes such loss of resources impossible: our courses put the emphasis on practice, with specific aims to get specific results. The techniques are efficient for purifying the body and mind, removing blockages and inhibitions, and improving life so that real advancement is easily within reach. Agama gives comprehensive, clear, and deep teachings on esoteric Yoga and the spiritual life.
Other Reasons Why You Might Like to Join Us
- Have you ever thought about a natural system of healing in which information and methods from other alternative systems can be easily integrated?
- Have you ever dreamed about a way of understanding the human psyche and mind?
- Have you wished for a spirituality in which sexuality could be fully and truly integrated, and used practically for the attainment of higher states of consciousness?
- Have you desired a spiritual path that is transcendent and metaphysical, but also able to solve day-to-day problems and focus on worldly issues?
- Have you ever wondered about a spiritual path in which you could be disciplined and austere, but also where you can laugh and love, socialize, and have adventure?
- Are you interested in telepathy, parallel universes and other forms of consciousness, hypnosis, time travel, mysterious energies of nature, paranormal capacities of the human mind, Kundalini and chakras, human auras, lucid dreaming, tantric meditation, astrology, or Shambhala?
- Have you ever dreamed about the existence of a knowledge that liberally allows the practical understanding of other forms of spirituality, and which can become a “backbone” for your evolution; a system to which you can freely and constructively add many other practices from other teachings, without making a “salad” out of them or becoming ridiculous?
If you answered “Yes!” to any of these questions, Agama may be the place for you. We look forward to welcoming you.